Basils Farm will be closed from Tuesday 4th August until 17th September.
Due to the new stage 3 lockdowns enforced by the Victorian Government for all regional areas, we are sad to inform you that our last day of trading is Monday 3rd August. We plan to reopen on 17th September.
Last day of trading until 17th September:
Monday 3rd August : 12pm to 3pm – LUNCH
(Bookings between 12pm and 1pm only)
Terms and conditions
By making a booking you acknowledge that you understand and agree to our terms and conditions below.
– All booked tables will be undercover.
– Please arrive at your scheduled reservation time. We reserve the right to
cancel your reservation for no shows after 15 minutes.
– All tables are limited to a maximum seating time 1.5 hours to
accommodate later seatings.
– We need to collect your name and phone number. This is a government requirement and we can be fined if we do not comply. Please note if you do not supply the names of everyone on the table, we have no choice but to refuse entry.
– Due to government restrictions, 8 people can be seated at a table. Babies
and children are included in this number as per government stipulations.
– You can request your preferred seating location in the Pavilion or inside
the Farmhouse Cafe. We will do our best to fulfill your request.
Thanks for your understanding.
Currently, government restrictions limit our capacity to 20 guests from the beginning of June. We will be adhering to social distancing requirements with tables being placed 1.5 meters apart. Hand sanitiser will be available and we will be increasing cleaning of the venue throughout the day.
Outdoor Seating is also available on Monday 3rd August for Walk-in’s.
– Blankets provided and outdoor gas heaters.
– No bookings required, walk-in’s only.
– Limited to 20 people due to COVID-19 social distancing restrictions.
– All tables are limited to a maximum seating time of 1.5 hours.
– Maximum table/group size of 8 people. Please note, this number includes children and babies in prams – as per government stipulations.
– Take away wine purchases are also available on the weekend and during the Cafe opening hours.
– Hours: 11am to 3pm.
About the Cafe and Pavilion (Pre Covid-19 restrictions)
Basils Farmhouse Café seats 45 indoors and our Pavilion seats 100. Additionally, an extensive grassed area surrounded by landscaped gardens provides seating for over 100. Sit amongst the mature fig and citrus trees and absorb the breathtaking views across the lawned area and potager garden to Swan Bay and the historic township of Queenscliff. The kids can also have fun, playing outdoor games, digging in the sandpit or exploring the edible garden.
From September to April visitors can enjoy our “Sunday Sessions” – a relaxed vibe, featuring acoustic tunes from talented local musicians, every Sunday afternoon. Please check our Events page for artists and dates.
Our seasonal menu always includes fresh produce from of our own gardens. Don’t be surprised if you see one of the kitchen staff scurry past your table and out the door headed to the potager garden… then pass you on the way back loaded with armfuls of freshly picked produce. Chances are it’s about to be served up to you for lunch.
It’s who we are and what we do.
Sustainability and supporting local producers is important to us. If it’s not fresh out of our garden, it’s direct from one of our specialty local producers – Farm Foods Queenscliff, Cheese from Drysdale Cheeses and Apostle Whey, Bannockburn Chicken, Drysdale Farm Fresh, milk from Inglenook Dairy, extra eggs from Wes Eggs and coffee beans specially roasted for us locally by Woolshed.
Basils Café offers visitors the opportunity to enjoy the range of Basils Farm wines including – Basils Reserve and Basils Farm, in addition to a selection of local boutique beers, juices and sparkling drinks.
Dogs at Basils Farm
We love our furry friends and welcome well-behaved dogs that can be placed on a leash (as we also have lots of families visit). We have many lovely shady spots under our fruit trees and also gums, for doggies to relax. Please also ensure you keep your dog off the garden and bring and take away clean up bags with you.
Basils Farm – Farm News